Here's a simple and delicious way to add some color to your day! This vegan bowl meal is perfect for meal prepping and will provide you with a sustainable source of energy due to its high fiber content. Not only is it a treat for your taste buds, but this bowl meal is also visually appealing and beneficial for your overall health!
- 250 ml (1 cup) wild rice blend, dry
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) thawed frozen shelled edamame
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated carrots
- 250 ml (1 cup) thawed frozen corn kernels
- 180 ml (¾ cup) chili-lime roasted chickpeas
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lime zest
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) hot sauce (such as Sriracha)
- Cook the wild rice blend in a pot with water for 45 minutes. Drain if needed and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide the rice and toppings evenly into 4 serving bowls or containers.
- For the dressing (optional): mix the balsamic vinegar and hot sauce in a small bowl. Pour it over the 4 containers.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for 5 days. Do not freeze.