Dietitian for Mindful Intuitive Eating
Discover a nutritional approach that rejects the dieting mentality. Learn to recognize and listen to the signals your body sends you about hunger and satiety.
What is Mindful Intuitive Eating ?
Mindful and intuitive eating is an evidence-based, mind-body health approach that allows us to improve the complicated relationship we may have with food and our bodies.
Adopting the principles of conscious or intuitive eating means learning to recognize and listen to the signals our body sends us about hunger and satiety. We’ve always had those signals but often have lost sight of them because of external signals, such as the time of day or an empty plate.
Mindful, intuitive eating is also about putting the satisfaction and pleasure of eating back at the heart of our diet rather than being in constant “restriction” mode. Foods are not considered good or bad, and this allows us to put guilt aside and instead choose foods that will meet our needs and those of our bodies.
Weight Management and Mindful Intuitive Eating
Mindful or intuitive eating is not a weight loss technique; rather, it allows us to stop yo-yo dieting and reach our natural weight. Very often, any past weight gain is due at least in part to a lack of listening to the signals that the body sends us.
Your dietitian will help you identify the main reason for weight gain and reduce the risk of repeating the same mistakes. Instead of focusing only on food choices, which often leads to repeated weight gain, your nutrition journey will avoid fad diets and favor sustainable eating habits.
Exploring Mindful Intuitive Eating with a Nutrition Expert
Through nutrition counselling with our registered dietitians and nutritionists, you’ll get:
- The ability to recognize or rediscover your hunger and fullness cues and then listen to them.
- Techniques to help you differentiate between physical and non-physical hunger.
- The ability to recognize your motivations for eating (e.g., physical hunger, habits, social occasion, stress, emotions).
- Alternatives to cope with your emotions with kindness.
- An understanding of the different concepts of intuitive or mindful eating, such as natural weight and health at every size.
- Help for rejecting diet culture, getting rid of restrictions in your diet and the feelings of guilt.
- The ability to make peace with forbidden foods and challenge your inner food police.
- Tasting and mindfulness exercises to help you focus on the pleasure, enjoyment, and satisfaction of eating.
- The opportunity to build a positive body image and make peace with your body.
- Tools to explain your approach to those around you in order to prevent too much social pressure.
Why Choose Our Dietitian and Nutritionists?
To help you succeed in building a healthy relationship with food, we offer:
- Easy-to-understand teaching tools and handouts that are customized to your needs.
- Access to a smart food diary that asks you about your hunger and satiety cues, why you eat and how you feel before and after eating.
- One month free access to our health and wellness portal, which includes :
- Videos to explore joyful movement with activities suitable for all fitness levels.
- Nutrition challenges and videos created by our team of nutrition experts allowing you to continue exploring the concepts of intuitive eating at any time.
- An inventory of recipes inspired by the gentle nutrition concept - foods that you enjoy and that make you feel satisfied, as well as nutrient-rich foods that promote your health.
- Discounts on local food and wellness products such as comforting beverages, gourmet snacks and clothing for all body types.
- Receipts for insurance reimbursement or tax deductions.
Find out more about how mindful intuitive eating can change your relationship with food. Make an appointment with our nutrition team today! It’s the first step toward achieving your goals and loving your life again.