Immerse yourself in an aromatic blend of exotic flavors, where lentils and spices come together harmoniously. Easy to prepare, indulge in this nourishing and flavorful soup that will satisfy your taste buds!
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry red lentils
- 125 ml (½ cup) split yellow peas
- 60 ml (¼ cup) converted brown rice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coconut milk powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dried onion flakes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried parsley
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic powder
- 3 ml (½ tsp) black pepper
- In a 500 ml (2 cup) canning jar, layer all the ingredients, one after the other, to create distinct layers.
- In a large pot, combine the contents of the jar with 2 liters (8 cups) of water and vegetables (fresh or frozen), if desired.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the legumes and grains are tender. Adjust the seasoning. The next day, add broth as needed if the soup is too thick.