A recipe with just one step? Oh yes! This refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment to your BBQ dishes – a delightful change from the traditional green salad! Not to mention, it's packed with fiber to keep you satisfied for longer. To turn it into a meal, add some goat cheese or a few cubes of tofu.
- 1 can (540 ml) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 185 ml (¾ cup) of canned corn kernels, rinsed and drained*
- 3 mini cucumbers, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ white onion, minced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) of chili seasoning
- 10 ml (2 tsp) of lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of Italian seasoning
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) of cayenne pepper
- Pepper and salt, to taste
Note: You can also use frozen corn kernels that have been thawed or fresh corn kernels when they are in season.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Enjoy!
Keeps for 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Not suitable for freezing.