This microwaveable mini mugcake is not only super decadent, it is also gluten-free and FODMAP friendly.
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground flaxseed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) margarine, melted
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 2,5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) buckwheat flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 2,5 ml (1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (10 g)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) white chocolate, coarsely chopped (10 g) (see note)
- A handful of fresh or frozen raspberries (about 60 ml or ¼ cup)
Note: White chocolate is medium in FODMAPs so for those who are on the low FODMAP approach, it is advisable to omit this type of chocolate and replace it with an equivalent amount of dark chocolate.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseeds and water. Set aside.
- In a second small bowl, combine margarine, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add flaxseed mixture and mix.
- Add buckwheat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir in most of the dark chocolate, white chocolate and raspberries, reserving a few pieces for decoration. Top the mugcake with remaining dark chocolate, white chocolate and raspberries.
- Cook for 40 seconds in the microwave on high. Let cool for 1 minute before serving.