Discover our delicious recipe for a vegetarian Ginger and Curry Burger. Enjoy the burst of flavors in this spicy plant-based burger, enhanced by the subtle kick of ginger and the aromatic curry. A wonderfully balanced option for vegetarian burger lovers.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) chopped mushrooms
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 can (540 ml) green lentils
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) Italian breadcrumbs
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated carrots
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) chopped fresh coriander
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a skillet, heat up the garlic in the oil over medium-high heat, then add the mushrooms and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove.
- Put the mixture of mushrooms and garlic, lentils, sunflower seeds, curry, ginger, salt and pepper in the food processor for about 1 minute.
- Put the mixture in a large bowl and add the bread crumbs, grated carrots and coriander and mix.
- With your hands, form 6 meatballs and cook in a frying pan for about 5 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Put the patties in the buns, then add filling of choice (ketchup, mustard, avocados, lettuce, watercress, alfalfa, tomatoes, cheese etc.)