- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) turmeric
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) cumin seeds, whole
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) garam masala
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) coriander seeds, whole
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) garlic powder
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) sambal oelek or sriracha sauce
- 675 g (1 1/2 lb) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 500 mL (2 cups) sliced red cabbage
- 250 mL (1 cup) green beans
- 2 medium turnips, diced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the vegetables evenly.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor, coarsely grind the spices. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine spices, oil, sambal oelek and shrimp. Set aside.
- Place marinated shrimp on vegetables and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with rice or couscous.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fibre: 3 g
Protein: 35 g
Sodium: 44 mg