This recipe is a delightful fusion of comforting and nutritious flavors. Indulge in this warm, balanced, and easy-to-make soup. Try it now for a nourishing and satisfying meal.
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 ml (½ tsp) ground turmeric
- 2 ml (½ tsp) cumin seeds (see note)
- 2 ml (½ tsp) coriander seeds (see note)
- 1.25 L (5 cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- 250 ml (1 cup) dried red lentils
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Pepper and salt to taste
Note: If you do not have cumin or coriander seeds, substitute with the same amount of ground cumin or coriander.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red peppers, onions and spices and cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Add vegetable broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add red lentils and simmer for 5 minutes, or until red lentils are tender.
- To serve, garnish with fresh cilantro and green onions.
Can be stored for 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.