Feeling uninspired for dinner or haven't been grocery shopping? With garlic, onion, and a few pantry staples, dinner is served!
- 400 g short pasta (fusilli, rotini, farfalle, etc.)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 180 ml (¾ cup) tomato sauce (homemade or canned)
- 2 cans (120 g each) tuna in water, drained
- 1 can (375 ml) sliced black olives, rinsed and drained
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) capers
- In a saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- After 2 minutes of cooking, add garlic.
- When the onion is cooked, add tomato sauce and tuna. Crumble well the tuna and mix.
- Add olives, capers and pasta. Mix well and serve.
Can be kept for 3 days in the refrigerator. Does not freeze.