Made with a blend of wholesome ingredients such as chickpeas, sunflower seeds, carrots, and nutritional yeast, this pâté is a great source of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Perfect for spreading on toast or crackers, or adding to sandwiches and salads!
- 190 ml (¾ cup) of sunflower seeds
- 65 ml (¼ cup) of sesame seeds
- 125 ml (½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) of nutritional yeast
- 1 small chopped onion
- Juice of a lemon
- 250 ml (1 cup) of grated carrots
- 65 ml (¼ cup) of sesame oil (can be replaced by olive oil)
- 315 ml (1 ¼ cup) of hot water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried herbs (basil, thyme, oregano etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a mold of about 20 x 10 cm.
- Put in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for about 1 hour before unmolding.