This recipe is perfect for snacking and even for serving as an appetizer or starter! Bocconcini is a soft, fresh cheese that is typically unsalted and lower in fat than some firm cheeses.
- 350 g (20 units) cherry tomatoes
- 1 - 200 g jar (18 units) cocktail bocconcini cheese
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prick a whole tomato on the toothpick, then insert the basil leaf and finish with the bocconcini ball.
- Repeat the steps with the other toothpicks for the number of skewers you want.
- Serve on a plate with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For a Salad
- Cut the tomatoes and bocconcini in half.
- Chop the basil leaves and mix in a bowl.
- Add a drizzle of oil and vinegar, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve chilled.
Can be stored 3-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.