Explore a rhubarb dessert where sweetness and tartness meet, enhanced with a nutritious touch of chia seeds. Perfect for your week's meal prep!
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chia seeds
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) oats
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) margarine
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) sliced strawberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) sliced rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, let the chia seeds soak in water. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat margarine with applesauce, brown sugar, egg, and the chia seed mixture.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Add oats, strawberries, and rhubarb, and mix again.
- Using a tablespoon, drop about 1 tablespoon of dough, ensuring to leave about 1 inch of space between each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes.