Enjoy these delicious morning banana and berry muffins, perfect for a balanced and indulgent breakfast. For a heartier breakfast, you can top these muffins with our delicious peanut butter with chia seeds or your favorite Greek yogurt.
- 250 ml (1 cup) quick-cooking oats
- 180 ml (¾ cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2 ml (½ tsp) baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 medium-sized banana, mashed
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) milk (or almond, soy, etc. milk)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) raspberries and/or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 125 ml (½ cup) chopped nuts of your choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: quick-cooking oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg, banana, milk, oil, vanilla, and grated carrot.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add the berries and nuts if desired.
- Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops are lightly golden.