Discover our delicious low FODMAP quinoa tabbouleh recipe, perfect for individuals following this diet. Indulge in this light and refreshing dish, filled with flavors and easy to prepare. A delightful option for all tabbouleh lovers.
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) quinoa
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 bunch curly parsley
- 3 green onions, green part only
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- The juice of one lemon
- Pepper and salt, to taste
Note: Traditional tabbouleh is made with cracked wheat which is a grain rich in FODMAP. By substituting quinoa, this version provides a low FODMAP recipe suitable for people with irritable bowel syndrome who are on an eviction diet.
- Place water and quinoa with a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Chill quinoa in refrigerator (or freeze for a quicker option).
- Dice tomatoes and cucumbers. Finely chop parsley and green onion.
- Mix quinoa with vegetables, herbs, oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salad with grilled meat or fish.
Keeps for 5 days and does not freeze.