- 325 mL (1 1/3 cups) large flake oats
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) ground flax seeds
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) dried fruit
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) cocoa powder
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) cinnamon
For the assembly
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) unsweetened soy beverage or milk + 15 mL (1 tbsp.) to be added after cooking
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) maple syrup (optional)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fresh fruit (optional)
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) nut butter (optional)
- In 4 airtight containers, distribute the base ingredients: Each serving contains 80 mL (1/3 cup) rolled oats, 45 mL (3 tbsp.) PVT, and 30 mL (2 tbsp.) each of ground pumpkin seeds and flax seeds. If desired, add dried fruit, cocoa powder and/or cinnamon. Save for later use.
- To serve, add soy beverage and maple syrup, if desired. Mix well. (See Tip)
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes depending on desired texture.
- For a creamy texture, add 30 mL (1 tbsp.) of soy beverage and mix. Garnish with fresh fruit and nut butter if desired.
Tip: At this stage, you can also let the mixture sit overnight in the refrigerator to create an "overnight" oatmeal to be enjoyed cold.
Nutritional value (per serving, without adds-in)
Calories 394 kcal
Fat 19 g
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fibre 12 g
Protein 26 g
Sodium 27 mg
The dry mix can be stored for 3 months in an airtight container at room temperature. Prepared oatmeal can be stored for 3 days in the refrigerator.