Discover our delightful recipe for Quick Couscous Salad with Kombu Pesto: a delectable fusion of crisp vegetables and umami-rich Kombu pesto. Ready in a snap, this salad will charm you with its simplicity!
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat couscous
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 500 ml (2 cups) halved cherry tomatoes
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) arugula
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) Seabiosis VEGAN Kombu Pesto
- The juice of one lemon
- Pepper and salt
Note: For a warm salad, let cool for only 5 minutes as indicated and for a cold salad, cook the couscous in advance and leave it in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, bring 250 ml (1 cup) of water to a boil.
- Add the shelled frozen edamame and couscous, then remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. *
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, onion, green onions and arugula.
- Using a fork, break up couscous and stir into vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine pesto and lemon juice.
- Add to couscous and mix well. Season with pepper and salt to taste.