A great way to increase fiber and protein intake is by adding seeds to your nut butter. For a quick version, take natural peanut butter and simply add the other ingredients to enhance the nutritional value of your peanut butter!
- 500 ml (2 cups) raw peanuts
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) ground flaxseeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chia seeds
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) raw pumpkin seeds
- In a heated skillet over medium-high heat, toast the peanuts for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a food processor, blend the peanuts on high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the power of your processor. Be patient, as it may take some time.
- Once you reach the desired consistency, remove the blade and add the raw pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseeds, and chia seeds. Mix well with a spoon, then transfer to a jar.
Store at room temperature for up to one month.