Explore our irresistible recipe for Apple and Spice Muffins, a delight to slip into your lunchbox. Tasty and easy to make, these muffins are a winning choice every time!
- 425 ml (1 ¾ cup) of whole wheat flour
- 7.5 ml (1 ½ tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Garam Masala
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) nutmeg
- 2 apples, cut into small cubes
- 65 ml (¼ cup) butter or canola oil
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) plain yogurt 2%
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- 125 ml (½ cup) applesauce
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F and butter the muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, spices and apples together.
- In another bowl, mix vigorously with a fork the melted butter (or oil) and the maple syrup. Add the eggs and whisk. Put the yogurt, the vanilla, the compote and mix again.
- Put the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until it gets smooth.
- Add the nuts and mix gently.
- Pour the preparation in the 12 cups.
- Put in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool down before unmolding.