Indulge in flavor harmony with our recipe for mini berry cakes delights. Savor these indulgent and wholesome desserts that will satisfy your taste buds.
- 250 ml (1 cup) pitted dried dates
- 175 ml (¾ cup) water
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) mixed berries
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- A pinch of salt 2 beaten eggs
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) canola oil
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) milk
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- Place the dates and water in a bowl, microwave for 3 minutes.
- Using a fork or immersion blender, puree the dates.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a muffin tin, spread the mixed berries. *As I like to fill the bottom of the molds completely, I only use 10 out of the 12 molds.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the date puree, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Incorporate the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and spread the mixture over the berries.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve upside down with a drizzle of maple syrup to taste.