An option for a delicious, quick, and easy savory breakfast! Whether it's for weekday mornings or a relaxed weekend brunch, your taste buds will be satisfied with this delicious recipe for open-faced egg sandwiches.
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- A handful of chopped baby spinach
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) low-sodium feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 sun-dried tomato, chopped
- Fresh herbs, to taste (chives, basil, parsley, etc.)
- 2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) Everything Bagel seasoning (see Note)
Note: If you don't have this spice blend, you can replace it with sesame seeds and dehydrated minced onions, or for another version, with a bit of sumac spice.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan filled with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes, then rinse the eggs under cold water before peeling them (This step can be prepared in advance)
- Toast the bread slices, then spread the hummus on top. Add the baby spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomato, fresh herbs, and Everything Bagel seasoning. Top with one egg per toast.