- 1 - 142 g (5 oz) can salmon, drained
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) breadcrumbs (whole wheat preferably)
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) capers
- Whole-wheat bun (optional)
- Garnishes (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Using your hands, split and shape the mixture into 4 equal round patties that are about 3 to 4 cm (1,5 inches) thick.
- Cook on a stovetop over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side, until salmon is cooked through and the outsides are very deep golden brown.
Serve with a bun or lettuce!
Nutritionnal Facts (per serving, for 2 patties):
Calories : 166 kcal
Fat : 5 g
Carbohydrates : 14 g
Fiber : 1 g
Protein : 16 g
NOTE | If desired, double or triple the recipe to make reserves in the freezer. Cooked salmon patties can be frozen for up to 3 weeks. Let thaw in the refrigerator, then reheat in the oven or as directed above.