Elevate your dining experience with our Broccoli Pesto Pasta recipe. Indulge in the delectable fusion of vibrant broccoli pesto, creating a truly delightful and nourishing culinary delight.
- 240 g of pasta of your choice
- 1 head of broccoli cut into large pieces
- 500 ml (2 cups) of baby spinach
- 250 ml (1 cup) of fresh basil
- 180 ml (¾ cup) of milk (or unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Protein of your choice (tofu, tempeh, chicken, vegetarian sausage)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) of chopped toasted almonds
- Lemon wedges
- Dried crushed peppers (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
Note: We opted for Gusta sausages.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Add the broccoli 5 minutes before the end of cooking. Drain and separate the pasta from the broccoli.
- Place the broccoli, baby spinach, basil, vegetable drink, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. Add more liquid if necessary.
- In the same pot as before, combine the pasta and the sauce, then divide into bowls.
- Add the desired toppings.