These breakfast patties are perfect for busy mornings. For a complete breakfast, you can accompany them with Greek yogurt to increase the protein intake!
- 250 ml (1 cup) rolled oats
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dried fruit of your choice (dates, apricots, raisins)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) peanuts (or other nuts of choice)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) flaxseed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chia seeds
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cinnamon
- 5 ml (1/2 tsp) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) natural peanut butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients and then incorporate into dry ingredients with a fork until dough forms.
- Shape into 6 balls and place on a baking sheet. Press balls with a fork to form patties.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with Greek yogurt for a complete breakfast!