Craving a fresh and light meal? Try these Asian-inspired lettuce wraps! Vegetarian-friendly, these healthy and delicious wraps will delight your taste buds.
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh ginger, minced
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 250 ml (1 cup) textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 4 rehydrated and roughly chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 4 shallots, sliced diagonally
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sriracha
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the sesame oil over low heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rehydrate the textured vegetable protein (TVP) with water or your choice of broth (each cup of TVP requires 7/8 cup of liquid).
- Rehydrate the shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of boiling water. Once they have absorbed the water, roughly chop them.
- Add the rehydrated TVP and shiitake mushrooms to the skillet.
- Add the sliced shallots and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- For the spicy sauce, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on Boston lettuce leaves with rice on the side. Drizzle with the spicy sauce just before eating the wraps.