For anyone who prefers salty breakfasts to sweet ones, this is for you! Quick and easy to prepare, whether for Sunday brunch or weekday breakfast!
- 250 ml (1 cup) large-flake oats (see Note)
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond beverage
- 250 ml (1 cup) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped fresh baby spinach
- 125 ml (½ cup) grated cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) ground flaxseed
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chili powder
- 125 ml (½ cup) edamame, shelled, frozen and thawed
- Fresh herbs
- Lime wedge
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shredded cheese
- Hot pepper flakes
Note : For a gluten-free option, choose certified gluten-free oats
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the oats, almond beverage and vegetable broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, cheese, flax seeds and chili powder, then continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Divide between two bowls and garnish with edamame and toppings of your choice.