Explore the delightful flavors of our Ratatouille-style Mason Jar Salad. A colorful medley of fresh vegetables and aromatic herbs, perfectly layered for on-the-go goodness. Elevate your lunchtime with this wholesome and flavorful treat!
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Israeli couscous
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Herbes salées du Bas-du-Fleuve (a blend of salted herbs from the Lower St. Lawrence region in Quebec)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 200 g of feta cheese
- Freshly chopped basil, to taste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of toasted pine nuts
- Cook the Israeli couscous according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add 5 ml of oil. Cook the eggplant for 5 minutes without stirring too much. Remove from heat and set aside. Repeat this step with the zucchini.
- Divide the cooked couscous into 4 large Mason jars. Add 5 ml of oil to each jar and evenly distribute the lemon juice. Add a sprinkle of Herbes salées du Bas-du-Fleuve to each jar and stir.
- Evenly distribute the bell pepper, grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, basil, and pine nuts into each jar.