Discover the goodness of our Pizza with Butternut Squash Sauce recipe. A unique twist on a classic favorite, this pizza is not only delicious but also packed with the nutritional benefits of butternut squash.
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked butternut squash
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) nutritional yeast
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) water
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried herbs
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 5 ml (1 tsp) oil
- 310 ml (1 ¼ cup) plant-based ground meat (or extra-lean ground meat)
- 250 ml (1 cup) packed chopped spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Italian tomatoes, diced
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) chopped black olives
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) shredded cheese (of your choice)
- After pre-cooking the butternut squash halves in the oven, cut in half lengthwise for 40 minutes at 400F (200C), scoop out 1 cup of cooked butternut squash and transfer it to a food processor or blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let the blender run for about 1 minute. Add water if the consistency is too thick for your taste.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté minced garlic in the hot oil. Add plant-based ground meat or regular ground meat to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped spinach and continue cooking over medium heat for 2 minutes. (More if using meat and it is still pink).
- Place the tortillas on oven-safe baking sheets then spread about 30 ml (2 tbsp) of sauce on each tortilla. Add the plant-based or regular meat mixture, diced tomatoes, chopped olives, and shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 8 minutes at 350F (175C) or until desired doneness is achieved.