Dive into the world of protein-packed indulgence with our Oat and Chocolate Protein Cookies recipe. Elevate your snacking or breakfast routine with this collaboration with Zenit Nutrition, emphasizing the significance of protein for sustained energy.
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of butter or coconut oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of quick-cooking oats
- 60 g (2 scoops) of Zenit organic plant-based protein in vanilla or chocolate flavor (for a double chocolate version)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of dark chocolate chips
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of baking powder
Note: This recipe can be transformed into "mountain mix" cookies by reducing the amount of chocolate chips by 2/3 and adding 1/3 dried cranberries and 1/3 roughly chopped pistachios.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Using a mixer or whisk, cream the butter with the brown sugar. Add the egg and mix. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Incorporate into the butter mixture.
- Form 8 dough balls using an ice cream scoop, then gently flatten them.
- Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden. Let them cool down.
Can be stored for 7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator or for 3 months in the freezer.