Believe me when I tell you that you should double the recipe. You'll want more of it. This blueberry breakfast or dessert is delicious, take my word for it!
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) margarine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) poppy seeds (optional)
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, melt the margarine for about 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Incorporate the flour, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- Using wet hands, form 12 small cookies with approximately 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of dough and place them on the baking sheet. Distribute the blueberries on top of the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly golden. Allow to cool before enjoying.
Keeps well for 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature or up to 2 months in the freezer.