Indulge in guilt-free indulgence with our Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. A delectable treat hiding wholesome zucchini, they offer a heavenly blend of rich chocolate flavors and added nutrients. Satisfy your sweet cravings with a nutritious twist!
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) whole wheat flour
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) cocoa powder
- 125 ml (½ cup) white sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) zucchini, finely grated and drained (see note)
- 125 ml (½ cup) 1% milk
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
Note: Squeeze the grated zucchini well with your hands to remove excess water before adding to the mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Oil a 12-muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide mixture among pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then let cool.
Can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.