Dry ingredients :
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) whole wheat flour
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) cocoa powder
- 125 mL (½ cup) white sugar
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 1 mL (¼ teaspoon) salt
- 250 mL (1 cup) zucchini, finely grated and drained (see note)
- 125 ml (½ cup) 1% milk
- 1 egg
- 60 mL (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
Note: squeeze the grated zucchini well with your hands to remove excess water before adding to the mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Oil a 12-muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide mixture among pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then let cool.
Nutritional Information (per muffin)
Calories 178 kcal
Fat 7 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fibre 3 g
Protein 4 g
Sodium 166 mg
Can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.