Indulge in a quick and flavorful experience with our Express Chakchouka recipe for one person. This mouthwatering dish features a delightful blend of tomatoes, peppers, and eggs, perfectly seasoned for a satisfying meal. Try it now!
- 2 mL (½ tsp.) of olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) of minced garlic
- 0.5 mL (⅛ tsp.) of ground coriander
- 0.5 mL (⅛ tsp.) of ground cumin
- 0.5 mL (⅛ tsp.) of smoked paprika
- 2 mL (½ tsp.) of Italian seasoning
- 180 mL (¾ cup) of tomato sauce (passata)
- 1 egg *
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- Finely chopped fresh herbs, to taste
- 1 slice of toasted multigrain bread, if desired.
*Depending on your needs, for larger appetites or higher protein intake, add 1 extra egg. Voilà, your meal provides you with 17g of protein!
- In a small skillet, pour the oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the bell pepper for about 4 minutes or until nicely grilled.
- Add the garlic and spices, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Crack the egg into the center of the skillet, directly over the mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on desired egg doneness.
- Garnish the Chakchouka with green onion and fresh herbs.
- Serve with toasted multigrain bread, if desired.