Relish in the tender, succulent chicken infused with exotic coconut goodness, creating a delightful and easy-to-make culinary escape. A taste of the tropics in every bite!
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large red peppers, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400 mL (1 ¾ cups) light coconut milk
- 60 mL (¼ cup) tomato paste
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) ginger, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 10 mL (2 tsp) paprika
- 10 mL (2 tsp) ground turmeric
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 454 g (1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except chicken cubes.
- Add chicken cubes and coat well in the mixture.
- Cover and simmer on high for 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with brown rice.
Note: Recipe can also be baked at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour.
Can be kept for 3 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.