Haskap is a tart, blueberry-like fruit with an elongated shape. It is a local berry found in Quebec from mid-June to late July. You can replace it with other berries, for example, black currant or cranberry.
- 500 ml (2 cups) haskap (or other small fresh fruit) (see note)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) chia seeds
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the haskap. Cook for 1 minute in the microwave on high.
- Using a fork, mash the haskap to the desired texture. You can also puree them in a blender.
- Add maple syrup and chia seeds and let stand for 10 minutes.
Can be kept for 14 days in the refrigerator in a glass jar (Masson) or 6 months in the freezer.