Discover our nutritious oat bars, packed with fiber, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon, perfect for a healthy and energizing snack.
- 750 ml (3 cups) quick-cooking oats
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted, untoasted almonds
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) wheat bran
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square Pyrex dish with a large piece of parchment paper, leaving enough overhang to cover the bottom.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, wheat bran, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the Pyrex dish and press it firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Carefully loosen the edges using a knife.
- Using a chef's knife, cut into 12 portions.
The bars can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for several months.