Discover our delicious comforting soup recipe, perfect for chilly days. Made with fresh and flavorful ingredients, this soup will warm your body and soothe your soul.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped ginger
- 250 ml (1 cup) diced potatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrots, cubed
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) broccoli, cut into small bouquets
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) food yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups of sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) natural peanut butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) rinsed dry green lentils
- Fresh parsley (optional) Lemon juice (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic, onion and ginger in oil over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and broccoli and stir.
- Add the turmeric, cayenne pepper, yeast, salt and pepper and mix again.
- Add the broth, peanut butter and lentils to the preparation.
- Boil for about 20 minutes uncovered.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice and fresh parsley if desired.