Discover a delicious autumn soup that will warm your taste buds with its comforting blend of flavors.
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of oil 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 5 ml (1 tsp) minced garlic
- 250 ml (1 cup) celery, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of yeast
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of chili powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sunflower seeds per serving (optional)
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the onions in oil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add carrots, garlic, celery, sweet potato, lentils and mix it well.
- Add the vegetable broth and add the nutritional yeast, the Dijon mustard, the chili powder while mixing again.
- Cover and let simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Pass the soup to the blender for about 1 minute or until everything is smooth.
- Pour into bowls and serve by sprinkling some sunflower seeds.