Club sandwich fan? Great! Not only is it super-simple and quick to make, all you have to do is choose ingredients that are more interesting than those from the local canteen to make it a healthy, complete and nutritious meal. Get ready for a tasty version with 25% fewer calories, 4 times more fiber and 2 times less fat than the classic St-Hubert*.
*Nutritional values of a St-Hubert white meat club sandwich with 15ml mayonnaise: 730 kcal, 32g fat, 3g fibre and 44g protein.
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked chicken breast, skin removed
- 3 slices turkey bacon, halved
- 6 slices whole-grain bread (we used Kirkland 21 Whole Grain & Seed Organic Bread)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) light mayonnaise
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- Romaine lettuce, to taste
- Coarsely shred the chicken using two forks.
- Prepare the turkey bacon following the instructions on the package.
- While the bacon is cooking, toast the bread slices in a toaster according to your preference.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread, then layer with lettuce, one tomato slice, and three half-slices of bacon.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of another slice of bread and place it on top of the first layer.
- For the second layer, add half of the shredded chicken and another layer of lettuce.
- Top with another slice of bread spread with mayonnaise.
- Cut the sandwich into wedges and secure each wedge with a toothpick.
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 for the second sandwich.
Serve the sandwiches with crudités, a green salad, or homemade root vegetable fries.
Keep for 3 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. Does not freeze.