An easy-to-prepare, delicious salad to accompany grilled meats on the BBQ!
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 350 g (approx. 16) asparagus, cut into sections (see Note)
- 4 to 5 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted sesame oil
- The juice of one lemon (60 ml or ¼ cup)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Sambal Oelek (or sriracha)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
Note : For a low FODMAP option, use green beans instead of asparagus.
- In a bowl, cover the edamame with boiling water and leave to soak for 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing with cold water and draining.
- Meanwhile, steam the asparagus for about 3 minutes, or until the asparagus is cooked but still slightly crunchy. Rinse and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine edamame, asparagus, cucumber and green onions.
- In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients with a fork, then pour over salad. Mix well and serve immediately.
Keep for 4 days in the refrigerator, but this salad is best eaten immediately. Does not freeze.