A tasty, simple and economical sandwich. You can also make it the day before and eat it for lunch the next day!
- 60 ml (¼ cup) rice vinegar
- 60 mL (¼ cup) white vinegar
- 60 mL (¼ cup) water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) toasted sesame oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sriracha
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 block (450g) firm tofu
- 125 mL (½ cup) carrots, julienned
- 125 mL (½ cup) cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 125 mL (½ cup) radishes, thinly sliced
- 125 mL (½ cup) fresh cilantro
- 1 baguette
- 60 mL (¼ cup) light mayonnaise
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- In a bowl, combine rice vinegar, white vinegar, water, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, sriracha, ginger and garlic. Pour the marinade into a plastic bag with a seal.
- Pat tofu dry with paper towels and cut into 8 slices. Place in the plastic bag with the carrots, cucumbers and radishes and mix well to coat.
- Let marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Once marinated, remove tofu from the bag and grill in a pan. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the mayonnaise.
- Cut the baguette into 4 pieces and slice each lengthwise. Brush mayonnaise mixture on inside of buns, then top with grilled tofu slices, pickled vegetables and fresh cilantro.