Explore our delightful recipe for Sweet Monkfish Skewers, a tantalizing blend of flavors. These succulent skewers offer a perfect balance of sweetness and tenderness, making them a must-try for seafood lovers.
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp.) jarred ginger or 5 mL (1 tsp.) freshly minced ginger
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) jarred garlic or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) oil
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) honey or maple syrup
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g (approximately 1 lb) monkfish, cut into chunks (often available at your local fishmonger)
- 2 small yellow mangoes, cut into chunks (or one large mango)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- One lemon, zested and cut into quarters
- 6 long skewers
- In a bowl, mix the marinade ingredients. Add the monkfish pieces and coat them well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat and oil the grill.
- Thread the fish and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating between them. Finish with a lemon zest quarter.
- Grill the skewers for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, brushing them with the remaining marinade.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment. I chose a rocket salad with black radish sprouts, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. I garnished it with roasted radishes and fiddlehead ferns.