Discover our irresistible recipe for Mini Eggs Easter buns, delightful treats that are perfect for the festive season. These soft and fluffy buns are filled with mini eggs chocolates, offering a sweet and festive indulgence to be enjoyed with family and friends.
- 250 ml (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 180 ml (¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) baking powder
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) salt
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) margarine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) mini eggs (approximately 18 mini eggs)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) powdered sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mini eggs (approximately 14 mini eggs)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 20 cm (8-inch) round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, flours, baking powder, and salt. Knead briefly with floured hands to form a smooth dough ball. If the dough is sticky, lightly dust with flour.
- On a generously floured work surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to form a rectangle about 1 cm (3/8 inch) thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the margarine, brown sugar, and cocoa powder to form a smooth spread. Spread it evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Place the mini eggs in a resealable bag. Using the rolling pin, crush the mini eggs into small pieces. Sprinkle them over the chocolate spread.
- Roll up the dough gently. Cut the roll into 10 pieces, each about 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide. Place the buns, cut side up, in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 28 minutes or until lightly golden. Be careful not to overcook them to keep them soft.
- While baking, in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and water. Set aside. Lightly crush the remaining mini eggs. Set aside.
- After removing from the oven, let the buns cool for a few minutes, then drizzle the glaze over the buns. Sprinkle with crushed mini eggs and serve.
It can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days and is not suitable for freezing.