- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sweet paprika
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts (approx. 1 kg / 2.2 lb)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dry red wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth (no onions or garlic) (check the ingredient list)
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Sriracha-type hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the coriander, lemon juice, paprika, parsley, olive oil, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper to make a marinade.
- Add the chicken breasts and coat well with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, spray with oil spray. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the red wine and simmer for 2 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Stir in the chicken broth, bay leaves and hot sauce. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning the chicken breasts halfway through, until they have lost their pink tinge and are golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let stand, covered, for a few minutes before serving.
Can be kept for 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.