Explore our delightful recipe for Warm Tofu and Pomegranate Salad. This vibrant salad combines marinated tofu, juicy pomegranate seeds, and a medley of fresh greens, creating a flavorful and satisfying dish that's perfect for any season.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground ginger Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) avocado oil (or other oil)
- 1 block (454g) firm tofu, cubed 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger
- 1 zucchini, cut into half rounds
- 1 seeded pomegranate (click here for an easy and effective method)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 cups spinach (about 140g)
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar (or white wine)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted sesame oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy or tamari sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (230°C). Line a box plate with parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, mix the sweet potatoes with the oil, ginger, salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, brown the tofu in oil with the soy sauce, fresh ginger and pepper for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the courgette and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the sweet potatoes, tofu and zucchini mixture, avocados, spinach and pomegranate seeds and mix.