Discover our mouthwatering recipe for Baked Cheesy Spaghetti Squash. This delightful dish combines the natural sweetness of spaghetti squash with gooey melted cheese, creating a satisfying and flavorful gratin that will leave you craving more.
- 1 small spaghetti squash 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 diced onion
- About 1/2 broccoli
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sliced mushrooms
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) green pepper, diced
- About 6 dried tomatoes, chopped
- About 12 olives, sliced (green or black)
- 1/2 block (250g) of tofu or tempeh, cut into cubes (you can also put chicken or cooked shrimp)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chili powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) smoked paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary etc.)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese for baking (optional)
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Make small slits in the squash and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and return to the microwave for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it is fraying with a fork (start with 1 to 2 minutes and check before put it back in the microwave for another 2 minutes).
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tsp. oil and sauté garlic and onion in for 2 minutes. Add the vegetables, tofu and spices and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Shred the spaghetti squash with a fork and transfer the contents to a large bowl.
- Add the Dijon mustard, tofu and cooked vegetables to the frayed squash and mix.
- Fill the spaghetti squash with all the preparation.
- Spread the grated cheese on the squash and put in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is lightly grilled.
- Serve and enjoy!