Discover our delicious Vegan Risotto with Butternut Squash and Cauliflower, a creamy and comforting recipe that skillfully combines the delights of squash and cauliflower. Enjoy a delightful dish, perfect for plant-based cuisine enthusiasts.
- ½ butternut squash
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cauliflower, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ block (Approx. 227 g) firm tofu, crumbled (or in small cubes)
- Pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) Arborio rice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 690 ml (2 ¾ cups) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) nutritional yeast (or parmesan for non-vegan version)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) water
- A sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- A few pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the half butternut squash on it. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then roast in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until tender.
- In a skillet, heat 15 ml of oil, sauté the chopped garlic, then add the chopped cauliflower, green onion, crumbled tofu, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining 15 ml of oil, white wine vinegar, and rice. Mix well. Gradually add the vegetable broth (about ½ cup at a time), stirring constantly. Wait for the rice to absorb the liquid before adding more.
- Once the rice has absorbed all the broth (approximately 20 minutes), add the parmesan or nutritional yeast and mix thoroughly.
- Scrape the inside of the cooked squash and put it in a food processor with water and Dijon mustard for about 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the risotto and incorporate the tofu mixture. Mix well.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with rosemary and a few pumpkin seeds if desired.