This blueberry recipe is perfect for bringing as a snack and it's delicious when eaten cold. You can also freeze these pancakes and reheat them in the toaster for a warm version. Spread with natural peanut butter and banana slices, you'll have a more satisfying breakfast or snack.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, large size
- 175 ml (¾ cup) vegetable drink
- 125 ml (½ cup) buckwheat flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) almond flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) hemp seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chia seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 125 ml (½ cup) frozen blueberries
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Coconut oil, for cooking
Note: Feel free to flavor the recipe with whatever you have on hand, orange zest, cinnamon, caramel essence, etc.
You can change the frozen blueberries with other fresh or frozen berries.
- In a bowl, combine the liquid ingredients, then add the dry ingredients. Mix well. At the very end, add blueberries and chocolate chips (if desired).
- Lightly oil a small nonstick skillet and add 1/10 of the mixture, or about a ½ cup ladle, to form small pancakes.
- Cook for about 1 minute or until small bubbles form on the surface and flip. Cook for another 1 minute or so, then remove from pan.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until done.
Can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer in an airtight bag.