This giant cookie recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, but it can be adapted with what you have at home and according to your intolerances. It's often hard to share a dessert. Sharing life's little pleasures, without worrying about your intestines, is the secret to happiness!
- 250 mL (1 cup) textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) chia seeds
- 125 mL (½ cup) almond flour (see Notes)
- 125 mL (½ cup) buckwheat flour (see Notes)
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ teaspoon) baking soda
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) ground cinnamon
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) ground ginger
- 1.25 mL (¼ teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) pasteurized liquid egg whites (about 3 egg whites)
- 125 mL (½ cup) maple syrup
- 1 medium zucchini (about 200 g), grated
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) vanilla
- 60 mL (¼ cup) semi-sweet, dairy-free chocolate chips (see Notes)
- 60 mL (¼ cup) raisins
Notes: If you don't have a wheat intolerance, you can use whole wheat flour to replace buckwheat flour and even almond flour. You can also serve the cookie with scoops of vegan or traditional ice cream if you are dairy tolerant. Same thing for the chocolate chips, you can use the ones you usually use if you don't have an intolerance.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12" diameter cast iron skillet (or a round pan of the same size).
- In a blender, grind PVT and chia seeds into powder and place in a medium bowl.
- Stir in flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt into the PVT mixture.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, maple syrup, zucchini, and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, then add the chocolate chips and raisins. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a cast iron skillet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cookie slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream of choice if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving) without ice cream
Calories 190 kcal
Fat 6 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fibre 3 g
Protein 9 g
Sodium 50 mg
Can be stored for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer.