Get ready to savor a healthier and delicious version of traditional nachos! Our healthy nacho recipe is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a complete meal, as it's rich in both fibre and protein and bursting with vibrant colors!
- 1 bag (350 g) of unsalted tortilla chips
- 320 g (3 cups) of light Tex-Mex shredded cheese (21% M.F.)
- 1 can of 540 ml (19 oz) black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of 195 ml (7 oz) corn, rinsed
- ½ red onion, diced into 0.5 cm pieces
- 90 g (3 oz) crumbled feta cheese (22% M.F.)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 175g (¾ cup) of plain Greek yogurt, 0%
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese and black beans over the tortilla chips.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the chips start to turn golden.
- Add the corn, red onion, feta cheese, and jalapeño (if desired) evenly over the hot nachos.
- Serve the nachos immediately, garnished with avocado slices and lime quarters.
- Serve with Greek yogurt to mimic sour cream.
Note: You can also add extra toppings to taste, such as finely chopped fresh cilantro or salsa.
Do not refrigerate. Does not freeze.