Discover our irresistible recipe for crunchy chocolate-peanut bites, a perfect combination of indulgent chocolate and crispy peanuts. Let yourself be seduced by these gourmet delights and surrender to an explosion of flavors!
- 3 ½ oz (100 g) of 75% dark chocolate, roughly chopped (approx. 160 ml or 2/3 cup)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of natural peanut butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) of textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Sea salt flakes (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Melt and temper the chocolate (see note) : Place 2/3 of the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, reserving the remaining for later. Heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is completely melted. Once melted, add the remaining chocolate and stir vigorously until all the pieces are melted, approximately 5 minutes. This is called tempering the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is well tempered, incorporate the peanut butter. Add the textured vegetable protein and crushed peanuts, and mix well.
- Use a 15 ml (1 tbsp) measuring spoon to form small bites with the mixture and distribute them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt flakes on each bite, if desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour or until the bites are completely set and can be easily removed from the paper. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer.
Note: Tempering the chocolate helps maintain its shine and crisp texture. To check if your chocolate is properly tempered, simply place a bit of chocolate on your wrist. If you no longer feel any warmth, it means your chocolate is properly tempered.
Can be kept 3 days in the refrigerator.