Have you ever thought about changing oatmeal for breakfast? Here's an alternative with quinoa that provides a very interesting contribution in fiber and protein. Easy to make and a pure delight to start your day.
- 60 mL (¼ cup) white quinoa
- 60 mL (¼ cup) coconut milk
- 60 mL (¼ cup) water
- 1 mL (¼ teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 2.5 mL (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) maple syrup
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) hemp seeds
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chia seeds
- 250 mL (1 cup) frozen mixed berries
Note: To make this a higher protein breakfast, you can add 125 mL (½ cup) of Greek yogurt.
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa, coconut milk, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside, covered. The quinoa, unlike when cooked in water, remains crunchy.
- In a small bowl, mix the hemp and chia seeds.
- To serve, spoon quinoa into 2 bowls and top with berries and seed mixture.
Nutritional Information (per 1 serving)
Calories: 340 kcal
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 45 g
Fibre: 12 g
Protein: 12 g
Sodium: 31 mg